Thursday, July 9, 2009

Today, we went through the three websites we made yesterday. Now I have to choose one for Project for Understanding and ePortfolio. After listening to my classmates ideas and opinions of the different web designers, I realize that I must go back and investigate which one will suit my needs better. This is a difficult decision since I have not yet decided on what will be the theme for my project. Some of the topics that I may consider are immigration, civil rights, challenges, and autonomy. I face some challeges myself since I only teach English as a Second Language and now I must wear a different hat (although it is my native language). I wonder how to embed Spanish grammar into any content in a non-traditional way, using it as a medium to critical thinking and not as the ultimate goal. What I have seen in my school district's Spanish classes leave me wanting more. Spanish classes are missing conversational and critical thinking quality and because of that students are not as motivated as they could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment