Wednesday, July 8, 2009
I just finished watching the video of tech guru Kevin Kelly talking about the "Next 5000 Days of the Internet" from YouTube. I recognize how far the Internet has progress in just 14 years and it is amazing. I think Mr. Kelly is right in his predictions but it really concerns me. Who will have control over it? Where will individual privacy start? Then, thinking of yesterday's assignment, the "Internet Detective Tutorial", and knowing how easily the Internet can be manipulated by unscrupulous people, another question comes to my mind; how in the world, will we be able to identify good information from bad information?..safe and legitimate places from those which are not? Who will we trust to check and keep the Internet safe? I know progress will continue and it will not be stopped, but security and privacy should be, must be carefully considered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lissette! I couldn't agree with you more! It's great that the web is so capable of advancement but it's scary at the same time. There must be something or someone to check/verify/control its capabilities. Our privacy must be valued!
ReplyDeleteYour connection to the Internet Detective was excellent and emphasizes your concern about personal security.